Monday, December 27, 2004

We survived Christmas!!

The holiday went well and we all enjoyed ourselves. There was the typical drama with my younger cousin and her mother, it would be nice to have one family event w/out this but it seems to have become part of the festivities this past year. She is addicted to crack, and has now become pregnant with her boyfriend who has a prison record, is 13yrs older, drug dealer, and owes $14k in child support. Plus now he has decided to take it upon himself to randomly through her across the room from time to time. She went from 200lbs last Jan to 123lbs her last weight. Majority of it she lost in like 2mths, and just keep dwindling down. (she is 5'11) She m/c last year cause of smoking too much crack and it really was hard for her. She has said that she's been clean since 4 days prior to Thanksgiving. Jason and I last week told her that if she started rehab and was sincere in her efforts to stay clean and get a job (she hasn't worked in over a year..shes 22) that we would let her stay w/us for a little while as long as she knew it was under 2 conditions,

1) No drugs WHATSOEVER, and no stealing. If either of this issues even comes up as a suspicion she is out. And oc-course Rehab

2) No Tony, that is her boyfriend, and No Stacia, her friend who did crack throughout her entire PG.

It is soo much to take on I know, and I can't say that I feel 100% good about it. But J and I are two of the only family members that she respects and I want to help her. I'm nervous, she hasn't accepted and I'm thinking she may not. It may change once we move into the house. *shrugs* who knows. I just know that despite all the bad things about her (and there are more than average) I want to see her get better.

This kind of situation always makes me wonder how God works, you know? I mean there are good couples out there who struggle for years to have children, to give them a loving home and a good life. I mean I have a friend back in Phx. who has been trying for 2yrs to get PG. THey are successful, good, smart people. Who is to say that they don't deserve to have a child. And then girls like my cousin, selfish, lying, stealing, abusive and immature and irresponsible and they get pregnant, do drugs harming that precious baby inside them and then even though they can work they get state aide for everything. I know its not up to me to judge who can have a baby. But its just perplexing. Will my cousin be a good mother, she has the capacity to be, but I think thats in about 5yrs. My best friend said, "Well it will make her grow up", but what if it doesn't? And why should the baby have to deal with its mother growing up at the same time that he/she should be. Who suffers there. Not to make light of it, but my cousin reminds me of the type of mother like Drew Barrymore in the movie, "Riding in Cars with Boys". I've seen her with my kids and while I know she loves them and would never harm them. She is not "parental" she stoops to their level and I am constantly having to tell her, to stop teasing and that she is the adult.

Ok enough about that.

Our Christmas was good, we got to spend it with our family and Alex & Evelina and Baby Jillian came. They did not go home for the holidays so we were lucky enough to get to have them spend it with us and our family. We consider them family as it is, they fit perfectly in. We will spend New Years with them, and at their house. When you got kids, sitters are hard to come by on NYE so we make due! LOL We'll grill Carne Asada and eat and eat. Play games, watch movies and play with the kids. Alex & J Im sure will drink too much, while Eve and I play babysitter to them. But its ok cause they are good drunks when they are together. But it is like babysitting...literally!

My boys got lots of toys and they got boots and toys from G'ma and Tata (spanish for G'pa). They got a fish from Santa and tons of movies they wanted, Shrek 2, Where the Red Fern Grows, Two Brothers and the last HP movie.

I got J his Dale Earnhardt Jr jacket his been wanting, (blah) a nice pair of Converse, lol and not the "Chucks" though he would like those! A Gretchen Wilson CD (I hate contributing to his redneckness..lol)some cologne and a sweater. He got lots of sweaters from my mom, LOL and some nice gloves. A case of Corona from Alex..ROFL Which is ok cause he got Alex a fifth of Crown Royal.

I got a Gucci purse (pink *smiles*), 6 different kinds of perfume, lol yes six, I know. To add to my 12 exsisting. But I love perfume. J picked me out 3 tops from Old Navy (with my help) a book that I've been wanting. Some DVD's, candles and candle holders. My aunt got me a hilarious gift, a WA State Firefighters (Tamara, you would love it!) calender and when she got it from the expo she had them personally sign it and lets just say *whew* it made me blush, but of-course was all in good fun. I had to laugh though cause one signed a cheesy pick up line that some men used to say to me in the bars (many many years ago..lol) "Your name is Angel...oh please take me to Heaven!" Jason says it needs to go up in the back of my closet door! LOL

My made me a beautiful quilt, which made me cry. She has systemic Lupus and arthritis (she is only 49)and its very hard for her to work with her hands a lot, so I knew that she put a lot into this. It is soo sweet, has tons of fun fabrics on it, and is pink/red/black/white. I love it, the backside of it is a warm fuzzy pink.

It was such a fun holiday and as always ended too quickly!

Now the moving fun starts...oh joy!=)

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home