Thursday, December 16, 2004

Seriously, what is their major MALEfunction??

Yes I know I spelled that wrong, lol I was trying to stress a point =)

I love my man, most days..ha ha! Seriously though I used to think it was just Jason, but then I see the men around me doing the same things!

Toilet paper rolls, what is the deal? They can get them out from the cabinet, but heaven forbid actually putting the roll on the dispenser or throwing the empty roll away, I think its the whole 1,2, 3 of it that throws him. Wrappers, and cans, I think they just must be heavier when empty than full, cause they certainly don't make it to the trash can. I don't understand, and really I could continue to list things..but I won't..today anyways =).

I have to laugh at him cause I know I must drive him absolutely nuts, I am an anal controlling clean freak. Seriously high maintnance. I have really calmed down a lot since having kids, especially boys cause we know life with boys can be messy. But I just love having a clean home. A certain part of me feels complete with it. My former boss who was a great friend of mine, used to come over and say she seriously thought I had OCD, cause my cans were alphabitized, and closet color/season cordinated, so immaculate and everything in its place. That was pre-children. It was much easier to be that way then. Don't get me wrong, my house can get messy, but never dirty. LOL My mom always told me there is a difference, and now that I have my boys I know the difference.

When I used to live w/my best friend she would make me *NUTS* she was such a slob. She used to wash dishes with cold water and ask me what the big deal was. Huh? One time I took all the food containers, plates that she would leave around the house and put them in her room, yeah they stayed there almost a month. Pure nastiness, she never even realized I did that, until I told her years later. I used to make her nuts too, she tells everyone the sponge story (yes I know sponges breed germs..but I have a system, and I am part of sponge-a-holics anon) Anyways, I would always have (still do) a sponge for the counter and a sponge for the dishes. Well she was always mixing them up, and that would seriously make me nuts (I know I need help)so I would take a pink one and say "Pink is for the Pretty Dishes..pink = pretty" "Green is for the gross counters, Green=Gross". She still didn't get it, so then I would just write on it with a permanent marker. LOL She loves to tell that story. Lucky for Jason he doesn't mix up the sponges!

I remember growing up, my mom used to have a sign that said, "Dull women have immaculate homes" It was supposed to be a joke of-course. When I was younger I had no clue what it meant. The other night it was midnight and I was cleaning my kitchen for the umpteenth time and I thought about it and laughed. I think I am a little on the dull side, I thought. But then of-course I just realized that my life has shifted, the next phase. Motherhood and Wifey. Its a great phase, an exhausting one, but great. I'll tell ya though I am really out numbered. My boys do not get their cleanliness from me! Though Micah prides himself on being a pretty boy. Caleb on the other hand is exactly like his dad, messes up his hair after I comb it..messy messy messy! Where as Micah loves to look nice, he has to have his hair combed and then "Spikey stuff", cologne (yes I let my 5yr old wear his dads cologne..lol)and he will not leave the house without an undershirt. He is very well mannered, and at the bus stop I'll hear him yell to the his friend Blake, "Ladies First!!" seriously. I guess I think I can fool the genetic make up and raise my boys different. Don't all mothers say that? *sighs* I hope mine are.

My point to my rant...none really. I was just cleaning up around the house and found his sock next to the hamper, can on the coffee table, and wrapper on the counter. LOL it's been 9yrs that I've known him and 4yrs of living together. I don't think he's ever going to change.

Oh a Micah-ism from dinner tonight, "Mom I like girls who wear lipstick" Hellooooo??? I said, "Who do you know that wears lipstick?" He said "You mom".......aaweeeee I think in his own little weird way, he was flattering me.

So thats enough of my scatter brained ramblings tonight. Until next time. Ciao!

Oh yes and still no true *truly shameful* =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home