Sunday, December 12, 2004

The things they say

Well this weekend has come and gone, and we still have yet to get our tree and see Santa! LOL *Hangs head in shame*. Not for the lack of trying though. Just my time management has never really been up to par. So we take the boys to my folks house as its been two weeks since their last visit cause my mom was very sick (she has systemic lupus) and the boys were jones'en for some grandparent love. Anyways we all go to dinner, walk around the mall and go to see "the man" and he had just left for the evening, Micah's response, "Why does Santa need to eat and rest!" LOL oh yes my sweet little one.

So that was a flop, the tree thing fell through cause I wasted too much time even getting out of the door yesterday. Its like a trademark for me, its sad really and I am seriously trying to change it. But I am *ALWAYS* late, usually its anywhere from 3-15min, but with family parties it runs a little more like 30-45 min so they started telling me it was an hour earlier than the actual time, but I caught on. LOL One of my best gal friends is the same way, one of our many similarities. She hates onions as well..=) LOL Though what was really comical, was when we started our monthly "Ladies Night" and we were meeting at my parents house cause they were going to watch her daughter, we were both right on time! LMBO. My mom hadn't anticipated it cause we are never on time, so she went to the store and we got there and we left the Jilli with my dad, an hour later my dad calls my mom and asks her when she thinks she'll be back, and she says "Are the girls there yet?" My dad tells her that we came and left an hour ago! She about died, lol. Tell us mothers we are going to get a few hours on our own, we will definately be there on time to get every minute of those hours!

Anyways back to the weekend, we were all eating dinner and Micah and Caleb were eating and entertaining one another, and J is telling my mom and I a story about our friends. Long story..lol but it was about one of J's friends and his stepkids. So anyways this morning, some of our other mutual friends that we share came by with their two daughters and the kids are playing and I hear my little "sir chats a lot" retelling the story we talking about last night to their kids!! OMG!!!!! ROFL. I was just floored that he even was paying attention and could retell the story bit by bit! Just goes to show us that even when we dont think that they are listening...they are!

So we turned in the application for that rental home, and now I sit on edge with anxious nerves. I always hate waiting for approvals. Now of-course I find myself getting into this house and really liking it and feeling that I could do so much to give it added charm, and the landlord told me we could paint and that he was open to letting me do things to it. So now I wait..to hear from him. We found a house a back in the mid november and I mean I fell in love with it, it was everything I wanted in a rental!! And we didn't get it, I cried..lol yes I really did. I still get sad thinking about it. Someone had beaten us to it, and I was soo bummed. But I know that it wasn't meant to be. God I hope this one is. UGH! Maybe someone needs to smack me!

My kids fell asleep before 9 tonight! Wooo-whoo! I love it when my kids fall asleep early. They usually dont fall asleep until about 9:30-10:00 I know I know. It wasn't always this way. Micah(when he was a toddler) was like clockwork 7:30 he was out, Caleb used to be 8:30. But damn daylight savings time. LOL. Caleb has been going through this thing were he will be up until after 10. Egad! Micah on school days is so exhausted that hes usually asleep by 9:30.

Ok this is just going on and on about nothing!

Until next time...and hopefully tomorrow we'll have the tree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home