Friday, December 10, 2004

More mindless chatter

I was listening to the TV the other day as I cleaned the bathroom in my "Household Duty Diva" wear, pink house shoes, blue gloves, bleach stained sweat pants and don't forget the tiara! I'm serious..LOL the boys get a huge kick when I clean wearing my fake tiara! But anyways, what I heard was really shocking. It said, that a recent study done by Dove (products not the chocolate..lol) that only 2% of women feel they are beautiful??? How disheartening. I mean I have no room to talk cause I am constantly belittling myself and my appearance. But to know that such a high percentage of the female population does not feel its attractiveness.

I really dont know why I put this in here, I think cause its just stuck with me for three days now, and I really applaud Dove and their new ads, glorifying (is that the word I want to use??) the beauty of freckles, or wrinkles, gray hair and of-course a larger woman. Touche to them I say!! I may just make a point to buy more of their products!

This morning I was laying in bed and I was overhearing a conversation between my boys and it was quite commical to hear my 5y/o logic on my 3 y/o coming into our bed everynight.

Micah: "Caleb you really need to stop sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed"

Caleb: Why?

Micah: Cause you are three now, and thats getting bigger

Caleb: Why?

Micah: Cause you have your own bed, with cowboy blankets and they want you with them, beside mommy's blankets are pink and pink is a gross girl color. Sissy la la blankets!

Caleb: *laughs* you sissy la la

Micah: CALEB!! Will you pay attention, I am only telling you this one time! Stay in your own bed, pink blankets are for girls!

So let it be said! Boys...they are all boys! Its not even something that their dad trains them to be, its like its in their genetic make up. I mean we turn down what I like to call the "Pink Aisle" in Target and Micah starts dry heaving and saying, "Eweeee girls!" and of-course Caleb has to follow his big brother so he repeats it. And there you have it, as Im trying to enjoy my little estrogen stroll, I have two little boys, dry heaving and gagging themselves!

We may have found a rental home, I am having a mixture of emotions with this. I hate moving, I know we need to move, its pointless for us to stay here in the Harbor, with me having lost my job (my job was here) when Jason's job and our family are on the other side of the bridge as well as many more job propsects. Right now I think a lot of companies aren't even looking at my resume once they see the address cause of the commute. The house is not everything I want, but it has so many good aspects to it that I feel silly turning it away, when its just a rental to us, not a permanent investment, so in a sense some of the vanity stuff I should just let go right? The landlord is so incredible and just a good man, its right down the street from my folks, which is just a huge plus as they offer so much support to me and my guys. Its close to all our friends and Jasons work.

Its just all the changes and things to do at once that get overwhelming! Does not do well with my manic and anxiety disorder. But I have decided that along with major prayer..LOL I am going to make a list and just take it one step at a time. After all we have to be approved for the rental before the rest of the chips fall.

I think tomorrow I will make a list...I love lists, its such a cheesy thing I know, but there is something so gratifying about getting to check things off that list and watch it become what resembles a scratch paper that will be trash as soon as that last thing is "checked" off.

Boy do I know how to jump around!

Off to watch "Whos the Boss" Don't you just love "Nick at Nite"?

My ideal Nick at Nite line up would be

Brady Bunch
Silver Spoons (I still harbor a serious crush on Ricky Schroeder)
Facts of Life
Who's the Boss
Punky Brewster
I love Lucy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home